Sunday, June 14, 2009

Stepin' outside the box



I finally completed 2 pieces of Art due for a show tomorrow! They will be apart of an Exhibit titled LottoHEART hosted by CAMP Rehoboth, for a fundraiser. They will be sold for $100, all participating artists where required to create two original, unframed 5 x 7 inch works in any medium. The only catch is that the identity of the artist will not be known by the buyer until after the purchase.

I'm excited to go to the preview reception at CAMP Rehoboth, July 27th. I'm sure all the work presented on display will be no short of amazing!

Because all work needed to be anonymous; therefore no signature on the face, I wanted to try and recapture the emerging plein air style from work done last summer. It's really not new to me...I always color block each painting before going back and working in the detail. The difference is not adding the detail, keeping suggestions of shapes and relationships of color.

I had a lot of fun and am looking forward to starting the next painting tomorrow which is due next weekend for yet another Exhibit!




No comments:

Post a Comment